We are always looking for volunteers who can help with mailings, set design and building, sound and lighting design, costume design, construction and much more! Volunteers have the opportunity to see shows for free, have a blast at the cast parties, and revel in the fact that you are promoting culture and the arts in Tioga County!
- Mailings – Stuffing and labeling envelopes
- House – Assistance during shows – greeters, ushers, wait staff
- House Management – Recruiting and directing volunteers to work in the lobby and in the auditorium during performances
- Concessions Manager – Supervises pre-show and intermission concession sales and wait staff
- Tech – Sound and lighting design and assistance
- Sets – set designer and set builders
- Costumes – costume designer and seamstresses
- Stage – Stage manager, prop manager, backstage help (moving sets, setting props)
- Parking – Parking Coordinator and parking volunteers – direct traffic prior to performances
Q: Do I need any experience to volunteer?
A: No! While some background in theater is helpful, all we ask is that you bring your enthusiasm and a desire to pitch in.
Q: Do I need to perform on stage?
A: No. We have plenty of jobs for those who prefer to stay out of the limelight. Some members of our group have been with us for years and have yet to step on stage.
Q: What can I do?
A: We have a variety of opportunities that are available. Find one that fits your interests.
Q: Once I volunteer to do something, do I always have to do it?
A: No. Not everyone does the same thing for each show. In fact, you might be able to do a different job each time you volunteer.
Q: Do I get paid?
A: Sorry no. All our available positions are for volunteers. But there are some great benefits to volunteering, including: Attending cast parties, free viewing of the show, and the chance to work with an amazing group of people while promoting culture and the arts in Tioga County!
Q: If I volunteer during a production do I get to see it?
A: Yes, usually. If a show is sold out we will not have seating available for volunteers. In addition, volunteers are generally invited to watch the final dress rehearsals.
Q: How do I get involved?
A: If you are interested in helping in any capacity with current and/or future productions, please call 607-687-2130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.